At Quidco, we value our members and we take account security seriously. We’ve put together some tips that will help keep you and your account safe.
1. We advise you use a different password for every website. If you have only one password, and this is compromised, it can be used to gain access to all your accounts.
Make sure your password is secure by following the steps below:
Make sure your password is at least 8 characters long. To create a strong password, simply choose three random words.
Use a mixture of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols
Make sure each password you use is entirely unique and complex. Your password for Quidco should be unique for Quidco.
2. Avoid using the following:
Personal information such as a spouse/pet names, birthdays or anything directly relatable to you
Recognisable sequences such as ‘123456’ or ‘abcdefg’
Common dictionary phrases, such as ‘password’ etc.
Recycling passwords, e.g. ‘password1’, ‘password2’ etc.
3. Don’t share your password with anyone. We’ll never ask you for your password or any payment details in full.
4. Make sure your computer is up to date and always run anti-virus and anti-malware protection. If you find any of your accounts compromised more than once, it is very likely that your computer is infected.
5. If you use a shared computer or device, always log out of your account when you’ve finished using it. Never save your details when given the option to do so.
If you believe any of your accounts have been compromised, take the following steps:
Change passwords to all accounts that have been compromised and other key accounts ASAP.
Check your other personal information, such as payment method, to make sure it is still correct.
If you believe your computer is infected, be sure your security software is up to date and scan your system for malware. You can also use other scanners and removal tools.